Misaal’s office in Delhi is referred to as the NRC as it anchors work done on-ground at different sites through: planning trainings for staff and communities; developing capacity building resources; constantly mentoring, monitoring and evaluating; producing research and knowledge on state of minorities at local, national and regional level; and leading policy oriented advocacy. Following are programmatic functions of the NRC:
- Train, guide and mentor grassroots activists and CBOs to help them better engage with their communities.
- Partnership building with like-minded platforms and networks, and linking grassroots activists / CBOs to these regional, state and national pro-poor resources and platforms.
- Engage and advocate with state and civil society stakeholders, on policy and practice, to enable activists / CBOs to deliver for their communities.
- Knowledge-creation, through observing and tracking Misaal interventions; drawing out lessons; and communicating those to suitable audiences; and conduct research on exclusion and inclusion for Muslims and other marginalized groups.
- Act as a national clearing-house for resources, training, and capacity building on issues of marginalization and inclusion of poor Muslim communities.