Misaal Foundation organised its annual convention cum reflection and planning meeting from 22nd of January to 27th of January 2019, in Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
The convention was attended by the whole of the Misaal team spread across Assam, Bihar, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, and Uttar Pradesh, as well as other grassroots youth activists (external change-makers) who came in from Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, West Bengal and Uttar Pradesh. (List of Participant is attached as Annexure 1).
- to reflect upon the work done over the last six months – July 2018 till December 2018, review and learn from it.
- to make plans for implementing work across all the vertices Misaal works for the next six months February 2019 – July 2019.
- provide training – including perspective building – and other skills to enrich the ability of Misaal’s community youth leaders and other external change-makers.
- to strengthen Misaal’s outreach in states where it is present (Assam, Bihar, Haryana, MP, Rajasthan, UP), and explore possibility of starting work in new states (Jharkhand, West Bengal).
- to pilot in a limited way Misaal School for change-makers’ idea – scoping work to develop course curriculum and delivery methodologies to train up and handhold grassroots change-makers working with poorest Muslim and other marginalised groups.
- reach out to Misaal supporters and the wider development community, to reflect on the four years of work Misaal has done, and develop a vision for the next phase of Misaal’s growth.
The convention was broken down in the following manner:
- 22nd ‘19: Reporting and reflection.
- 23rd ‘19: Problem solving & planning.
- 24th ‘19: Perspective Building: Marginalisation, its forms and drivers.
- 25th ‘19: Perspective Building & training: Knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 26th ‘19: Challenge Fund: Piloting Misaal School for change-makers.
- 27th ‘19: Misaal Network meeting and envisioning the future.